Friday, January 23, 2015

Walker Merriam Philbrook

I went to California last weekend to visit in-laws... and made a slight detour to some local antique shops and went a little photo crazy. I feel a little bad, because I haven't even touched some of my last 2 batches of purchases... but I couldn't help myself. The lure of new antique stores called! 

This baby photo was one of the photos that screamed "buy me!"... because the back of it was labeled "Walker Merriam Philbrook 3 mo & a few days". I adore that whoever labeled the photo felt the need to include the 'few days' and the baby is a cutie to boot.

Walker Merriam Philbrook

So from what research I did on him, I don't think he has any living direct descendants. Walker was born September 8, 1893 in Rockport, Maine to parents Edward S Philbrook and Sophia G Merriam. He was their only child, as Edward died in 1900. Sometime between 1910 and 1920 Walker and his mother moved to California. April 24, 1925 Walker married Leonora Anita Griffin. February 14, 1927 they had a daughter named Elizabeth Louise ("Betty Lou"). Leonora died in 1954 and Walker in 1986.

Their daughter married Nial James Rider Jr and as far as I can tell, had no children. Nial died in 1975 and Elizabeth in 1997.

Photo by countedx58 via FindAGrave.com
I did find one person on Ancestry that had Walker listed in their tree, but I think they're releated to Sophia's side of the tree... and might not necessarily be interested in a baby photo of Walker.

I couldn't find any newspaper articles about Walker. Not even an obit. The search for family continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment