Tuesday, May 5, 2015

David George & Bessie Pearl Mulkins (nee Porter)

Last month I stumbled across this golden anniversary certificate kind of awkwardly laid out on a table at an antique store. It was only $4, and I knew I had to buy it.



David George Mulkins was born April 20, 1879 to Joab & Margaret Isabel Mulkins (nee Creighton) in Franklin County, Iowa. September 15, 1909 he married Bessie Pearl Porter - born July 1886 to John & Ellen Porter (nee Towslee). They had 4 children - Guyida Pearl, Floyd David, Edith Lucille and Claude Russell. David died June 18, 1966 and Bessie died September 19, 1971.

Photo by Melissa Lively Sherry via FindAGrave.com

For some reason I've had a bit of difficulty finding much online about the family. I think Guyida is the only child with living descendants. I'm about 75% sure I've found the snail mail address for one of Guyida's children so I'll send a note off to them and see if they're interested in the certificate. Hopefully they still live there. And don't think I'm some weird stalker person.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am one of Guyida's granddaughters (Virginia's daughter). To which person & address did you write to? I haven't heard of anyone mentioning this so wondering if your letter made it to the right address. I can be reached at 253.720.2962
    Thanks,
    Caron Sanderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guyida was my Great-Grandmother. She passed many years ago. She moved to Washington, married Henry White, and had 3 children. They travelled with the logging industry. From Aberdeen to Mt.Rainier, until my Great-Grandpa Hank died in a logging accident. Her children: Dean, Lorraine, and Virginia Pearl (my Grandmother) are all still living in Puyallup, Washington.
    I am shocked to have stumbled upon your post! Thank you for your interest in lost family history!!

    ReplyDelete