Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Will Aunt Rena please stand up?

Aunt Rena & Eleanor Cannan

Me a year ago when I bought this photo: Even though this photo doesn't have a photographer's mark with a location, I bet I can find an Eleanor Cannan with an Aunt Rena! I'll buy it!

Me today: WHY DID I BUY THIS PHOTO?!?!

Needless to say, my search is not going well. So I figure this photo is probably from 1920-1930 based off Aunt Rena's dress? That narrows down when baby Eleanor could have been born. Since my initial FamilySearch peek gave me Eleanor Cannan b. 1930 in NJ, Eleanor Cannan b. 1903 in Pennsylvania and Eleanor Cannan b. 1819 on the Isle of Man.... I decided to just go for NJ Eleanor.

Eleanor Cannan was born February 11, 1930 to Charles Henry Cannan and Hazel A Irwin in Camden, New Jersey. She married Robert B Morris April of 1952 and died May of 1995.

Click me to make me legible.

And as you can see from what I've thrown together on Ancestry, she had no shortage of aunts.... but none of them were named Rena. Unless it was a nickname that I have no documentation of. Seemed like her aunt Emily Catherine went by Catherine for a while.... and I can see that maybe be shortened to Rena. Or Elnora?

OOOOOR....

I have the completely wrong family and this Eleanor Cannan is not my Eleanor Cannan. I'm kind of at a loss. Not sure where I'm going to go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment